"Behold, children are a gift of the LORD; the fruit of the womb is a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior, so are the children of one's youth. How blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them..." Psm 127

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Advent


One of my older daughters and I came up with an idea for an advent project, while looking through a magazine on Christmas crafts. We used green and red bags numbered with gold numbers cut from my Crickut and then put a ribbon through a whole punched in the folded over top. I tied them to the garland on the banister. In them we put little things for Ryan and 3 of his cousins to open everyday before school. So far, the gifts have been as follows: Day 1-- a cute deck of cards that they could play with together; Day 2--A box of jelly beans. They each got 5; Day 3--little erasers in the shape of soccer balls, happy faces, etc.-enough for 2 each. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that it hasn't really been received with much excitement. The jellybeans were ok, but besides that...not so much. I guess if they were toddlers they might find it fun. Thinking of putting only Bible verses in the rest of them! :) A friend of mine told me that's why she doesn't try to be a fun mom. No disappointments! haha. (btw...there will be candy in the rest of the bags.)

No comments:

Post a Comment